Well, I heard someone say:"Whatever you do on the first day of the New Year, you will be doing the rest of the year."
Our first day was working on repairing a vehicle. Seems like we did that last year too! The Old Man had not worked on the van since last July. He got a used transmition and installed it (thanks for the help kids!). That didn't work, so on to a new timing chain. If that doesn't work he has another plan.
Then there is Daughter#3's car on the work list. Right now she has my car, and reports it's doing weird things. It is not a pleasent feeling being down to one car. Yeah, it sucks. Questions you have to ask: How much do you send on the car repairs before you buy a new one, and can you afford a car payment or have the money just laying around to buy a new one. And when I say a new one, we are usually talking a slightly used one.
Then there is picking up one child's toys so that The Little Dog can bring out his toys. Then pick up dog toys so that Shorty can play. It was nice during the Holidays to reclaim my living room!
Have put most of the decorations away. I am leaving the wreath, that the Wonderful neice made, up for a while. Now I might (notice I say might) work on a New Year letter to family. You know, one of those we did this in March, and that in August. We get one every year that makes me go nuts. Usually the narsitic male figure of the family writes how the wife and kids are doing, adding a jab about each of them. Okay, so I don't like the guy.
Some long lost cousin wrote to me to help him verify that he is indeed a cousin. Not sure how I can help, and have an uneasy feeling this guy is might be a paid researcher. Hope that is not true. But this inquery does have me looking at family stuff again. Perhaps, when I get my car back, I can make a library run on my only day off this month. (I will not tell you when the day off is, cause someone will try to fill it!)
By the way, don't try the two sheets on the bed. I almost killed myself trying to get out of bed with the sheets all wrapped around my legs.
Mothers Day
12 years ago
1 comment:
You are off every Saturday, Sunday, and Monday. And I know what day you are "off" this month.
Post a Comment