Thursday, January 22, 2009

Miss Doo Little up date

I typed up the December meeting minutes a few weeks ago. Since I missed the first two Sundays, I was writing emails to just about everyone to find out when the January meetings would be held. This past Sunday, (since I have my car back!!) I was able to attend church, only to find out that the big Board and Finance meetings would NOT be held until February.

The committees had talked about getting new finance software, but no vote (or decisions) were made (Miss Doo Little did not attend that meeting). (Archived in October, you remember Miss Doo Little??)

On Sunday I asked the Finance chair about the meeting. He stated that one member (Almost Dorothy's husband) went ahead and purchased the software, so Miss Doo Little was "still training" on the new program.

Today, I had a call from a member asking about payroll. I forwarded the call to Daughter #1 ( she had the office before Miss Doo Little). The member didn't want to call Miss Doo Little, as answers are never complete or answered to any satisfaction. Soon, Daughter #1 called back to say she had been out of that office for over a year, and Miss Doo Little SHOULD have the correct answer.

Anyway, I talked with Almost Dorothy and she said what training?? The software has a pretty simple tutorial and manual. The software has nice pictures to click on and auto fills other areas. Sounds easy to me!! Then Almost Dorothy mentioned that Miss Doo Little's husband was no longer living with her (last time I heard about him, he was walking the Appalacain Trail) and he had written a letter asking for a divorce.

Okay, so we feel sorry for her. Her husband retires from the military and they moved here about a year and a half ago. Her son (she admits he is a convicted drug user) gets a job with a contractor in Iraq and is back home within 90 days (suppose to be there a year). In September, they have their 30 wedding anniversary. Now the husband writes a letter for a divorce. So, okay, she has stress and we are sorry for her situation.

On the other hand, Miss Doo Little pushed to get the volunteer position. She refused training and other help before she took over the office. In all the non-stressed months (?) she didn't preform or produce to the lowest of expectations.

As Almost Dorothy and I talked about stress, we both agree there is stress in our lives. The level of stress varies, and migrates from one area of our lives to another. We all deal with it in our own way, BUT try our best not to let it interfer with our obligations.

No comments: