Friday, January 16, 2009

Drama

To my people: You knew I was going to post about this eventually! So here goes, from my point of view.

Daughter # 3 is creative and sometimes frugal. After watching her bills expand, she went out and got herself a second job and looked into renting out a room in her house. Now this is a good idea, because this is a) using someone else's money to pay down her bills, and b) she has the room to rent. The main point is: using someone else's money!

My dad rented a room, at a some kind of boarding house, when he was going to college. In many movies (ok, old movies) show people renting rooms. Hey, there was a movie with Paul Newman as a room renter! I think that Gracie May had a renter too (Ferggie may have been there to keep watch over Gracie, but I will never know). Mrs. Ferguson' room was the one up stairs that looked out on to Madison Ave. I remember seeing her only a few times when visiting Grandmother, and we were never allowed to go into her room.

Anyway, in an idealistic situation, the renter would pay a security deposit, move in, pay their rent on time, come and go undetected.

1 comment:

Beth Fries said...

Thats how it works in my house. We rent a room in the basement, and the rent money pays for Jon's newly due student loans- yipee! Sounds like you had a nice holiday, I am glad you have YOUR car back!

-Beth