Isn't it great to have family around us during the Holidays!?!
Since I would have a few days without Little People, I reclaimed my living room. That's right, all the kid toys were moved out!
Daughters #2 & 3 both came into town. It was nice to have help cleaning up and making goodies for the holiday. We have loads of goodies left over! Don't think I will have to go grocery shopping for a long time!
Since we decided to celebrate on Saturday, we went out shopping for the gifts on Friday. The Old Man wanted to go see the big crowds and get in on the bargains. Didn't see the big crowds and nothing on the lists were on any bargain tables. The Old Man was shopping for a new big TV. He was comparing the prices in the stores to a good price he found on line. Guess he will have to wait a little longer. I was glad he went, as the gift I had in mind for him, he could pick it out. It is an exhaust fan for our bathroom. Can't wait for him to install the new one, cause the old one sounds like an airplane taking flight. (At 4:45 A.M. every weekday morning, one just should NOT have to wake up to that noise!)
We did cut back on the spending and number of crazy gifts, limiting our selves on just what was on the lists. Yes, everyone did get at least one pair of socks. Well, I for got The Old Man, guess I could have run up and gotten an unopened pair from last year and re- gifted.
I did received a call from the wonderful Brother-in-law and niece! It was great to hear from them. It was great to hear their voices and hear how their holiday was going.
Since I had a work crew, I used them! We all went down to the church to set up for the "End Of The Year" luncheon. The tables were set up, covered and centerpieces added in record time! I can't thank them enough! The Chairman of the Kitchen Committee was there to watch the Crew work quickly and efficiently, and was so impressed he told others!
So, today is quiet. Everyone has gone home or back to work. The Little Dog went to spend a few days with his owner. Daughter #3 has a new Tom Tom, so she doesn't need to call this Mom Mom! Now to cleaning up and putting away.
Hope everyone's Christmas was good! Looking forward to a New Year!
Mothers Day
12 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment