Monday, December 01, 2008

Need Today's Day Off

Busy busy busy!

Thanksgiving was held at Daughter #3's home. Good food, good people and good times!

Shorty and I, were lucky to stayed home on Friday while Miss Princess, her Mom and Aunt went looking for a flower girl dress.

Since we missed out on "Black Friday," Daughter #2 and I went out at 5 on Saturday morning. We first checked out Old Time Pottery and found a car load of glass stuff for centerpieces. We did go to the mall and the appliance store. Not a lot of people at the mall, so it was fun to look at all the items on sale. Of course, the appliance store was the same one where I have had problems shopping. This time we were shopping without doing our research first, but it wasn't hard to blow holes in some of the salesman's statements. Were do these guys get their information and do they really think they are kidding us? I am almost to the point where I don't listen to them.

Yesterday, most of us made the trip to Richmond to have a celebration dinner with the Grandparents. The reason for the celebration: the Boy will be graduating from college in December!
The trip brought back memories of our family, traveling one way 2-3 hours for a dinner, just to turn around and go home. Remember the kids being small, there wasn't a lot of padding in those original car seats, no breaks to stretch or go potty and you had to be good once you were there no matter what!

So, today is a day off! Still have things on the to do list. And speaking of lists, I wish I knew what everyone wants for Christmas. I have looked at all the sale ads, and looked at wonderful sales at the mall. Nothing really hit me or my wallet.

Hope everyone has a great day!

No comments: