Have you ever had such a bad dream that in the dream you say "this is bad and I need to wake up." Or perhaps: "This dream is so bad, it must be because I have the wrong pillow." So you wake up and change pillows??
The surprise 40th wedding anniversary for a couple AT church, "given" by their adult children (two girls), was more than a surprise to the couple. I believe it went well for the family, but what an eye opener. First, The Old Man made the comment "Oh, we get to eat cake?" He was a great help on the clean up side of the event. Yes, this was the third Sunday he went to church.
The adult children have no clue how to plan and execute a party. I didn't mind setting up the tables and providing decor.. But I don't put out chairs. I also had to purchase the small plates and forks. So, when slipping out of the service to make sure the adult children were ready for people to start coming... I found 1) the adult children/their kids/and others standing around chit chatting 2) no chairs had been set up 3) the cake and cheesecake bits still in the kitchen, along with no ice or punch in the punch bowl 4) what the ____ were these two girls wearing????? One was in cargo pants with a white t-shirt, the other was in a blue and gray tank top with ill fitting shorts!! It wasn't pretty!
It was their dealy, but they didn't feel the need to cut cake or dish out punch and hadn't asked/planned for anyone to do that. There will be a discussion on this.
The Old Man's garden is doing well. Loads of corn will be enjoyed when they are ready. He has pulled several onions, so French Onion soup is on the menu. Thanks to Shorty, the gourd plant is taking over. (I let Shorty break old gourds in the garden, never thinking the seeds would grow.)
Keep cool
Mothers Day
12 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment