Sunday, July 22, 2012

Work Saturday

First~~ Come on now... the gift registry is a great idea!!

On Friday evening, The Old Man said HE was going to make zucchini bread. So today I started to get out all the supplies he was going to need (after he decided which receipt he was going to use). How many bowls does he think I have?? And needed a lemon zestier?? Yep I have one of those, and YES this was the first time I have used it. Did you catch that... I used! How come HIS projects include me??

The Old Man did take the van for a run to take stuff over to the recyclers. He received almost nothing for the "extra" stuff, but received $55 for the cans!! Yep, that would be MY mad money there in his pocket. On the other hand, he did pay for the cans in the first place.

We both worked on the trim for the front door (storm door is still gone). Why do I have to hold the board while he uses the router? And why does the sawdust fly right at me?

While cleaning out some paper clutter from 2008, I found a birthday card (name on front of envelope.. and it isn't my name) with cash in it. If the correct child doesn't claim it by Thanksgiving, their birthday month (hint hint) I will use it.

2 comments:

Sara said...

I claim the cash!

Teresa said...

It is yours!!! Congrats. I don't think this will change your W-2 at all!!