Sunday, August 24, 2008

Wine Making Part Two

Yesterday there were little itty bitty things flying around in the kitchen. At first I thought I was dreaming or it was those cloudy things in my eyes. Wrong! The Old Man checked the coolers full of crab apples and found fruit flies. Not only that, but one cooler was leaking a fruity liquid. Now we know where the strange smell was coming from.

Watched the wine making DVD. One guy with a camcorder filming a guy standing in front of supplies with shop lights on him. The speaker did say NOT to email them about their poor cinematography. That was great! Did put me to sleep.

Now we had to start picking new crab apples. The son was a great help sorting and discarding the bad apples. The Old Man criticized some of the apples I had picked. I let his statement soak in for a minute (being nice). The power of evil took over as I responded with something to the effect: I could let you pick apples by yourself you know! I was trying to help you!

The recipe called for the apples to be crushed. Out came the potato smasher, which was not the best choice. We finally started cutting the little apples, without cutting the seeds (recipe said not to cut the seeds). That process took a really long time!

Into the bucket and added the other ingredients. This is going to be a LONG year!

No comments: