Daughter #3 and I went shopping on Sunday for the MOB Dress. We went to several stores in the mall, as we were hoping to catch a spring/summer dress on sale. We forgot that "Back to School" sales we going on!! Oh my, so many families!
Anyway, no luck, but great people watching going on. We did find a flaming red halter dress and for kicks and giggles sent a picture to the bride!
Monday the quest continued all by myself. I looked at a local store, known for good quality and customer service. I did try on one dress, but wasn't happy. Back to the sale rack, and nothing else. Then I turned around and saw on a different rack a dress that was marked down. I took it back and heard the lady in the next booth talking to her kids. She was going to have to go home, as her baby had pooped and the dad could not handle it. So as she was leaving, I asked if she could zip up the back of the dress for me. She was very nice and zipped me up. She said it looked great, and I agreed. I bought it!! And guess what... it was something like 75% off!!
Down to the shoe department to see what was available. They did have a pair of shoes that matched perfectly. Now I am a believer that when buying shoes for a big event, you should try them on at the end of the day when you are all swollen and tired. That way if they are comfortable at the end of the day, the shoes should be fine for the big event. Since it was morning, I didn't try them on. Plus (and this is a huge plus) the shoes were $30 MORE than the dress. I'll wait til the go on sale or try a different store!
It is a lot better than the flaming red halter dress.
Mothers Day
12 years ago
1 comment:
I want to see the red halter dress :) Maybe you could wear it to the rehearsal dinner....
LOL! Good bargain hunting!
Post a Comment