Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Random Thoughts

Since the niece is in the middle of a move and not posting on her blog, this left me with some time to think about moves and laundry.

During a move it is hard to decide what to pack for a few weeks and what to have put into storage. Some of us want to pack enough not to have to do laundry for several weeks (hence the reason why we have underwear and socks for three weeks)

If the move is during a change of seasons (summer to fall), do you pack half for summer (warm weather) and half for fall (cooler weather)? Or all for fall? Interesting thought.

So, how many changes of clothing do you pack? For one week? Two weeks? Two pairs of slacks with 14 different shirts? Since I don't do the Clothes Math, you will have to figure this one out.

Once I was asked by a distant relative "Do you work?" Pointing to the four kids ( at the time they were all under the age of 7), I said: "Yes, every day!" She asked: "Do you like housework?" I thought about that question for all of a half of a second, and noticed another relative grinning from ear to ear. I knew I had been set up! My reply: "No! Do you??" This distant relative was so put back, that she could not give an answer. The game player didn't know how to react either.
The question of "Do you like housework?" has never come up since then.

No comments: