Monday, February 09, 2009

Sub-committee

So I volunteered to be on a church sub-committee. We have already met and with great results. The three of us are all on the same page. We understand what policy we need to write and the procedures that need to be taken. The subject of the sub-committee has to do with donations coming in and how to account for them.

Of course, this brought up Miss Doo Little role in the accounting part. One guy made a comment that Miss Doo Little's non-performance was a "sensitive subject". I asked him what he meant by that, and his answer was: "If we PISS her off, who will do the job?" The other guy calmly replied: "That is not a problem." We basically all agreed that she is not doing her job.

So, here is a though: Maybe Miss Doo Little is LOOKING for a reason to leave the volunteer position she holds. Maybe we should piss her off!!!

After church service I was thrilled to attend my first Kitchen Committee meeting. Our church has fish frys during Lent. The Chair person just had heart surgery, so Almost Dorothy is filling in for him. The meeting went fine, except for those that can not do change. You know, those that say things like "we have never done that" or "that isn't the way we did it before" or "I've been working these dinners for 15 years and we did it this or that way." Now, I am a believer in: if it isn't broken, don't touch it! And if it is broken, let's fix or change something.

No comments: