Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Rarh!

I think Miss Pukey tried to give me something. Didn't feel well Saturday night and Sunday night was worse! The cats were not a help with there nightly meows and walking all over my head.
I did work on the forms needed for the church meeting that was on Tuesday night.

Went to the meeting and sure enough, Miss Do Little didn't have any of her reports with her to turn into me. I am the one responsible for compiling all the reports, making sure they are all filled out and put into a folder. I make all the copies and make up 4 or 5 folders. So far, I have used about 250 sheets of paper and had to put in a new ink refill. So, Miss Do Little not having her two, one page reports, kind of made me mad (more than mad, but I am biting my tongue!!) I did announce to the whole group that she "is responsible for getting these done and 4 copies made for the conference!"

Miss Do Little has a very important office, but when she gets to the monthly/bimonthly meetings, her reports are NEVER complete and she never has the documentation to answer all the questions that come up (because of the incomplete reports). I have complained, and now others are seeing the light! Just once I think the minutes (I have to do) will read "Yep, we came, we talked and went home." Let's see if those minutes will fly!

Yesterday during nap time, I spent typing in all the forms, making 5 copies and even made a cover sheet. I now need to divide the copies and put them into the folders. Hope everyone is early for the conference, as signatures are needed!

The church has a new DS. The conference is tonight at 6:30. It hit me: New DS and "they" want church members to show up at 6:30. Why can't we serve punch and something to welcome the new DS and give the members a chance to get to know him?? So, yes I emailed and called Almost Dorothy. She graciously is taking on the task of furnishing punch and pumkin bread and having it ready for after the conference! She also had been wondering why nothing was being planned for a meet and greet! Isn't it great to have back up!!!

As I was working on the forms, I noticed that there was a diamond out of one of my rings. Now I had this ring checked on Sept 17 and all was well. After the check, I put it into the safe and had just gotten it out to wear to the meeting on Tuesday. You see, I don't always wear rings unless there is something special. I sure don't wear them when working in the garden or on a car! I ran the ring and the service contract to the jewelry store.

Well, hope Shorty takes his afternoon nap (yesterday wasn't on schedule). Need to get forms into folders!

No comments: