Thursday, October 30, 2008

Rarh Part Two

Yesterday started out nice and calm. About 3:00 it started going down hill!

One phone call with Almost Dorothy and two from the Head Honcho, all making sure we had all the reports and forms. A quick shower, get the Little Dog in his kennel, get everything into the car and leave at 5. Sounded easy! Then the yard guy came late to aerate the yard at 4:30. Had to show him property lines and make sure he did the back yard first, as I had the Old Dog in the shed and she needed to be out of the shed before we left.

At 4:54, the yard guy had not started and I could not find the only set of car keys! He was having problems with the machine and would have to come back today. He also wanted to tell me all the problems he had been having. I would normally be willing to listen, but time was short.

Thank goodness I had not put the reports in the trunk of the car! Daughter #1 picked me up and took me to the church.

Miss Do Little had not downloaded her report and typed it out. Instead she hand wrote the figures into the spaces. In other words, she did as little as possible AGAIN! Report #2, she said she never had it! UUMM?? If she had gone to download the other one, she would have seen that she could download report #2!!! Even the chairman said he had never seen it!
Luckily, I had!! Yes I did that report too!

The conference went well, we had 23 members attending! The New DS spoke and held up 98% of the reports. Hope it takes him as long to read them as it took us to write them! Guess he wanted the members to see what all goes into these conferences.

Almost Dorothy did a wonderful job of cider punch, sugarless cookies, nuts and ginger/molasses cookies! Everyone stayed for the goodies and time to speak with the new DS. Think the Big Honcho was pleased with the outcome.

Found the car keys next to the Little Dog's kennel!

No comments: