Yesterday, while Shorty was taking his nap, either George or Martha were working the pop rivets of the cold air return ducts. I heard two big thuds and then the patter of little feet in the tin ducts.
While The Old Man was on the phone with his parents, George and Martha were very active. I pointed to the ceiling and The Old Man acknowledged that he heard them. They were back in the ducts!
Later they were in the wall behind "MY CHAIR" !!! One even squealed at me!
The Old Man has given his word: " that within a week" George and Martha will be gone. Now this week will start when??? Surely it will start after he comes back from going north to put on a roof at his parents?
So if you try and call me and can't get through, it might be that Martha wanted to use the phone and chewed through the phone lines! If you see the house dark, it might be that George is trying to keep our electric bills low by chewing through the electric wire!
Yes, I have poked my head up in the attic. Unfortunately, the ladder and I am to short to be able to put the trap in the attic and closing the hole where they are getting in.
Can't wait til next week!
Mothers Day
12 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment