Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Wine Part Three: Sanitize??

The DVD said to sanitize, Daughter #2 said to sanitize everything! So we sanitized the funnel, the nylon straining bag, one pot, and the big glass jug (looks like a penny jar).

The straining began. Out came another pot, a wire mesh colander, spoon, four white mixing bowls, and let us not forget a few fingers. Non of these last items were "sanitized".

The Old Man kept spattering the soupie stuff on me. Not a good smell!
In went the sugar and the topper went on.

Now we have to "rack" and wait a while.

Oh, this is going to be fun!

By the way: Daughter #3 has my car, since The Old Man started to fix her car and didn't finish in one day. The van is still sitting there under repair and not drivable.

1 comment:

Elaine VanDRiver said...

I can't wait to hear how this wine turns out. I found a great wine out here (many to choose from) and when I figure out how to package it up, you'll see it in your mailbox (or doorstep really). CHEERS!