Did you ever hear about the mailman that had been bitten by three dogs that "Didn't Bite"?
Today I had both grandchildren over for the day. While Shorty was taking his morning nap, Little Miss Princess and I were going out for the mail. Little Miss Princess was having problems with her shoes and becoming a bit whinny. (I don't do whinny!) Out on the front steps, I heard the Miss New York's dog barking, but we continued. Little Miss Princess then had a problem that the mail lady wasn't there ( in her mind, that meant the mail wasn't there). I told her that the mail had already come and we could go get it. As we started across the street to the mailbox, I could still hear the New York dog barking, but paid no attention as I was trying to keep Little Miss Princess on the move. (No pudtz no whinning) By this time, New York Dog is way on our side of the street, still barking. As I started to put my key in the box, I gently, but firmly moved Little Miss from the street side of me (where the dog was approaching) to the other side. Mostly I wanted Little Miss to be where I could see her, kind of a discipline thing.
Next thing I hear is Miss New York screaming at me that I "don't have to be SO dramatic, the dog doesn't bite!" Now the dog is still barking, and she has now started across the street to retreve the dog. I keep holding my toungue and trying to get the mail out of the box. Miss New York keeps blah blah blahing. I finally said to her "I'm having a bad day." ((In other words: leave me alone)) She replies she is having a bad day too..blah blah blah. I'm not listening, until she said something like: You are always causing problems.
With that, I had to reply: What problems have I caused you? I stay in my house, I don't bother anybody, and I want to be left alone! Miss New York wanted to keep screaming, blah blah blah.
I walked away.
Darn no one in the neighborhood was out to be a witness to this crazyness.
Mothers Day
12 years ago
3 comments:
Where is that tape recorder? Maybe you should also install a tiny camera just in case she ever gets combative (or anything else from that house).
You need to carry pepper spray, it'll fix that Fido right up. Or maybe print a copy of the city's Leash Laws and leave it in her mailbox. New Yawkers, EUGH.
I agree with elaine... or you could get a super soaker. Then she'd have to deal with wet dog in her house!
Post a Comment