Tuesday, January 03, 2012

Working Weekend and More

Spent the New Year weekend working on getting the new quilt shop ready to open. If any one of you are in the Northwestern Indiana area, please check out Sew Fun Fabrics in Chesterton. It is on Porter Street, just behind Lucrezia Cafe. Or, you could check out her web page (I don't have a link, but you can Google).

The Old Man worked on the bathroom, putting down tile, installing the new potty and adding wire for more outlets (for more lighting).

I was lucky ! I got to play in the fabrics!! Lots of wooowwws and aaahhhs! I am sure I drove Deb nuts. I liked the hot ribbon stuff, that can also be used for other projects.

We were invited to the New Year evening munches (looked like a full meal to me!) at the Old Man's brother's house. As we all waited for the new year to ring in, played bingo... WITH prizes!! The Old Man got a box of chocolates and a screw driver set. I got Hot Chocolate + a gift card to the famous coffee place and a gift set of "smelly good stuff." It was like Christmas all over again!

So, came home to see the elf didn't put away any of the decorations or put down the Santa table and all the things on it. That is ok, since the New Year Celebration is this Sunday, and I need some of the stuff for the dinner. Having the stuff upstairs keeps me from running up and down the stairs. Will get some help fixing the "treats" for the dinner from the two short people. (Well, we can try).

Hope all of you have a great 2012!

No comments: