Thursday, November 03, 2011

Almost Daily Thanks

As the count down to Thanksgiving has started, I thought I would start acknowledge my blessings or what I am thankful for in my life.

Well, of course, family and friends are on everyone's list (mine too!!). This list might be a bit odd.

The New swivel/glider/recliner. The Old man surprised me with this chair (I think it was Mother's Day). The color is Merlot... which does not match the coral color in the sofa, but that is ok. It Swivel's !! This is a great feature. The Old Man tells me about his day while standing behind me and talks while walking out of the room. So I can now whip around to hear him.

The Almost New Little Car. I have not named her yet, I'm still working on a fitting name. She takes me where I want and when I want. She has heat (A/C, well uummm) a radio, cd player, sunroof and is just darn cute.

The new Ooma phone system and new phones. These were a presents from the kids to The Old Man and I for birthdays, anniversary, Christmas and what ever is after that. The Ooma works through the computer (aka internet) so we have no local Bell service (except for the internet bill). The phone number is the same. And we now have Caller ID !!! I can log on and check calls, block the political calls, and see what calls I missed (didn't leave a message). Now, I haven't tried all the features of the phone itself and I will try programing the phonebook settings.

The little space heater in the office. I can kick it on and be nice and toasty as I type report or check email, while the rest of the house is 62 degrees.

Well, hopefully more tomorrow.

1 comment:

Elaine VanDRiver said...

Swivel chair sounds amazing!