Got back from San Diego on Tuesday night. The Boy had been our driver to and from the airport. The Boy also checked in on the "kids".. aka the pets. We were going to The Old Man's sister's oldest boy's wedding.. aka a nephew on the Old Man's side.
So, I took the Starbucks gift card with me. I thought about getting something before getting onto the plane in Cincinnati. But decided that I wasn't coordinated enough to handle the carry on luggage, personal bag and a drink. Deplaning in San Diego, I thought about getting something there, but again being in a hurry to get the car and get to the hotel, decided not to get anything in the San Diego Airport.
Getting in not to late on Thursday evening, The Old Man and I walked down the street to the burger place called the "In and Out." We sat outside and enjoyed the nice weather and people watching. On the way back to the hotel, saw a drive thru Starbucks. Since we were full, passed on the coffee.
Spent Friday with Sara and Andrew visiting Old Town and Balboa Park. The weather was perfect and the sights were amazing! Andrew is the best tour guide! The Old Man had not brought along a hat, and this made a great excuse to visit the Haberdashery in Old Town. I could have stayed in there for a few more minutes, as they had some great hats and accessories!
The Old Man picked up his 3 day "Go San Diego Pass," which was a pre-paid card to get us into many (48) attractions. He bought the pass because he wanted to go to Sea World, and buying a pass was a way to get more for his money.
Friday night was the rehearsal dinner. We picked up Sara and Andrew at the trolly stop in Old Town and between Gloria (gps), my Google maps and Andrew we made it there early. Well, seems it had been postponed because of the heavy traffic. (There had been a jumper on the 163 and all roads around it were closed. We suffered in traffic for most of the afternoon because the road closures)
Saturday we made our way to the Zoo and Sara and Andrew found us there. By this time my feet could have used a good foot massage! I did get to walk through the gift shop with the excuse that I needed something for Clair and Jacob. I purchased my zoo lapel pin!
The wedding was at the Zoo, in front of the elephants with the lions behind us. The reception was down around the corner, still near the Elephants. The evening was a bit chilly, but seemed all had a great time. Someone did mention that the other grandparents ( on the groom's father's side) were not in attendance. Seemed kind of sad, and I totally remember other weddings where some grandparent didn't attend.
Sunday we were up early and ready to go! Off to the San Diego Safari Park with The Old Man's youngest sister and her guy. Gloria had a hard time finding her satellite, and The Old Man was sure of his directions (never saw the HUGE green signs). Getting a call from his sister and pulling up next to them at an intersection, we then made a u turn and followed them to the park. They went on the zip line as we watched. We got back to the hotel and got ready for another dinner.
Monday we went to Sea World. Thinking they opened at 9, we rushed to get there. They opened at 10. Wondered how many Starbucks we passed to get there?? I bowed out of the trip to the USS Midway, letting The Old Man take his dad, using my Go Pass. The Dad had been in the Navel Reserves and Aunt Deb thought that would be something he would enjoy. As all the boys went, we ladies got a chance to sit, relax and talk.
Tuesday we had our breakfast and went to the airport. Again, another chance to use the Starbucks card. Again, knowing I can't carry bags and coffee at the same time, I passed the Starbucks. Now there was one last chance to use it at the Cincinnati Airport.
As we landed, a storm had kicked up. We walked the moving sidewalk and thought we would use the underground train to get to the place were the Boy was waiting. I got into one one car of the train and The Old Man got into the train car behind me. The doors closed, we moved one foot, then nothing! The other passengers and I looked at each other. One Lady immediately wanted to hit the panic button. I said I had snacks and one guy said he had drinks. I figured we were ok. The Lady said she had claustrophobia and kept asking about a panic button or call box, just as the workers came by with release keys. (Question... if you have claustrophobia, why on earth would you get into a train car or at that an airplane???) We got out, and now hurried our way to the waiting car.
Again, I missed my chance to use my Starbucks card on this trip.
I believe I am going to HAVE to make a special trip to Starbucks on my own this weekend. I do believe I will need it because I found out that I can't retire for another 5 years. Geee.. I was so close!
Mothers Day
12 years ago
2 comments:
Sounds like a great trip!! And nice weather--that's always a bonus! Did you happen to notice all the blooming flowers while you were there? They always have Birds of Paradise growing like weeds! Definitely going to have to make time for Starbucks!
Didn't want to post how many seeds I picked up off the ground. Didn't get any Birds of Paradise, darn!
Post a Comment