Thankful for a second remote control for the TV. After The Old Man falls asleep, I can change the channel without getting up and walking around to grab his remote.
Back doors, or other ways to leave a room without being noticed. AKA.. Walk quickly and avoid others.
The word (and sentence) NO. Today I used the word as a sentence without feeling guilty. It sure felt great! I figured out at my age (cough cough) that I didn't need any more stress than I was willing to take on (my choice). I have (for at least the last few years) helped with the free Thanksgiving dinner at church. First stress would be setting up, making it look welcoming, serving and cleaning up. Then having to hear: " Do you have any other dessert besides pumpkin pie?" It's a FREE meal, and a traditional Thanksgiving meal folks! And some workers need to be taken by the hand and shown what to do, how to do it and what to do after they are done. And after years of showing them what needs to be done, it would be quicker just to complete the task yourself.
Since Daughter #1 will be out of town, I would have two short ones with me the whole time. Doors being opened, or not locked, I could see one short kid just running out and into the street.
So... No.
Mothers Day
12 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment