I have been checking in on everyone's blogs, just haven't found time to post any of my own.
The Old Man's garden is doing really well! After work, he gets his cigar and beer and goes out to watch the garden grow. Now there is plenty of lettuce for me and the deer. The Old Man is not happy about sharing with the deer. Some of the neighbors have also been watching the garden and have their eye on a few ears of corn.
We (Shorty and the Princess and I) set up for a luncheon at a "Mission." It was a warm day and when we arrived, there was no electric. The luncheon was being held in the basement.. in other words.. no windows. Some guy was to bring a few things and of course he didn't bring or do anything. I was prepared for the forgotten things, but had to make a quick trip home to get the battery tea candles and pillar candles. All did go well.
The Old Man gave me a 24 hour notice of a couple of guys coming for a dinner. Purchased the sides from the grocery (I have learned how to cheat when necessary!) but did make the cheese bread spread. A Colorado Cousin and The Boy showed up to help finish off any leftovers.
Had the two big church meetings, and of course Miss DooLittle wasn't prepared. Found out that she isn't doing the books and only writes out checks when she is told to do so. The other problem with these meetings are that everyone talks over each other and interrupts each other. Drives me nuts! I mean you can't make a full statement before someone chimes in and then you lose you train of thought. Plus, it is hard for me to keep minutes.
Had the hair done! Short and curly! I like it!
Also had my first appointment for having my dress altered for the wedding. I go back later for the second fitting. I am pleased with the lady doing the work... so far!
Almost Dorothy's in-laws have now passed, with in a week of each other.
The rest is same old stuff going on.
Mothers Day
12 years ago
1 comment:
Glad you're back! You should post pictures of the garden. Yours is so much bigger than mine and we are thinking of expanding next year, so I need ideas. Sorry to hear about Almost Dorothy's parents.
Post a Comment