So Shorty and I went in early to set up for the church fish fry. Surprisingly, he did very well even with the old nasty guy being in the same room. Guess my nasty looks work!
Tables went up and table covers went on very quickly. As I added the candles and flower vases to each table, Miss Whiner put salt and pepper shakers on each table. Ten minutes later, I am talking with two of the youth and Miss Whiner walks up to us. She interrupts to ask: "Why did you move the salt and pepper shakers?"
The three of us looked at the tables and then looked at Miss Whiner. I wanted at ask if she was that stupid or was she trying to push my buttons??? Instead, I said:" Why yes, I moved ALL the salt to one end of the table and ALL the pepper to the other end!! Can't you see that?????????" in my most sarcastic manner. She replied:"well I just wanted to know why you moved them."
Again the three of us just looked at the tables and at her. Later, I asked her why she had thought I had moved them or why she thought the shakers had been moved. I pointed out they were all there, just as she had left them. After that I tried to avoid her. Unfortunate for me, she came to the dessert table where I was stationed. She looked at the selection and said she wanted pie. At this point of the dinner, there were only 15- 20 desserts (and on an 8 foot table, you can scan the items quickly) but no pie. I suggested she go in the back and see what had not been brought out. Instead, she pointed to a yellow cake and asked "what is that?". By this point I just walked away.
I just can't see how anyone can be that brainless!
Mothers Day
12 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment