Wednesday, July 02, 2008

fixing vehicles

The Old man fixes things, like vehicles, only on weekends. This is okay with me. He works hard all day during the week, so when he gets home, we let him relax.

Now we are in July and in crunch mode. There are NOT many weekends before the trip out west and time is short to get parts for the vehicles. This past Sunday, the Old Man went to the auto parts store to purchase a part for the van. I received a call at 7:30 from him , to bring a tool (he didn't want to purchase another tool) to the auto part store because he was buying a battery for his car (not on the schedule for repairs) .

Note: Just a few weeks ago, my car was down for repair, also not on the schedule!

There is no clear idea on what is wrong with the van, but it has something to do with the transmission, or rather lack of a working transmission.

Now, when I say he works on the vehicles, I am really saying WE. We help him by holding the flashlight or handing him tools or just making sure the vehicle doesn't catch on fire or rolls down the hill.

Well, perhaps I shouldn't worry about whether or not the van gets fixed. It's not my job.

No comments: