I have lost my summer tan, but then did I really have on this year?
So, the new Pastor (will have to think of a nickname for him) has been here around a month. I am starting to get a sense of him, and he let the Ad council know what his main goals will be for his time with us.
During this past Sunday church service, several ( and I mean several!) of us were blown away by the bad etiquette that happened DURING the sermon. A couple with there two children ( one is 2-3 months old, the little girl is between 7-9 years old) came into the sanctuary at 11:10, which is during the sermon. The man wore his ball cap and was dressed for a baseball game. I understand casual wear during the summer, but he didn't remove his hat until an 83 year old member gave him a nasty look. When it was time for Communion, the little girl did not wait her turn and I missed what happened at the altar rail.
I did talk with the New Pastor and let him know that we may need to do Usher Training. Hey, I am trying to be diplomatic ! That someone coming into the sanctuary during a sermon is distracting (well, it took me several minutes to get back into what the message was about), disrespectful, discourteous, disrespectful,and lacked etiquette. When one looks up Church Etiquette, one finds the entering and leaving the sanctuary can be done during songs and such, but NEVER during prayers, scripture or sermon.
The reply the New Guy made was that he: would pray and think about it. Which I am now taking as he : won't be doing anything about bad church etiquette.
Several small things have also happened at church, and I have backed off volunteering for things I enjoy doing and sharing. So I guess one might say I am losing some of my enthusiasm in even going. I don't like the idea of being a quitter, so maybe a change might be on the horizon ?
By the way, the old people are doing okay. The Family Care meeting went well, and that old person looks better (July) that she did in April or May.
Mothers Day
12 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment