All I can see are more and more boxes to go through.
I did throw out lots of cloths that I don't think were ours plus they had moth holes. This made room for the steamer trunk (that the packers closed the lock and I have no key) and one school desk. Now one can walk between the shelves without having to squeeze past the desk and trunk. So I am making head way.
Of course this does cause physical and mental fatigue. If I stand too long, the feet and back start to hurt, if I sit on the little stool my back hurts. I found the track drawings I had been looking for from 1944 and 1948. Then I hit the Mother Load of emotional memories. A box containing kids school work, paperwork on the PA house and car, and then the Christmas cards with photos and notes. Happy to see how kids looked in 1995 and what was important back then. (Someone was learning to drive?? Loads of "We can teach you to drive" pamphlets and information) Sad that some of the cards came from people that are no longer.
Well, need to pick the beans ( no rest for the back today).
Mothers Day
12 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment