Friday, June 07, 2013

How Great

We have great kids!

The Old Man was in Florida, and I was lucky to fly down and join him for 10 days! First I had to drive to Indy to park my car at Sara's and she drove me to the airport. I was able to use the gift card ( thank you Elaine, and I still have money on it) to get a coffee and watch the planes come and go.

I left on the Friday before Mother's Day. While I was gone, the whole crew came and worked on the front landscape. It looks great! Even several neighbors commented about the "crew" working so hard.

The Old Man picked me up from the Ft. Meyers Airport and we did use another gift card to have dinner on the way to the brother-in-law's house. I did not see a beach. I don't think there is a beach in Florida. What I did see: Lumber Liquidators ( glue for the flooring), Sherman Williams (paint for the front door), Smith and De Shields (trim), Ferguson (plumbing), Home Depot (lighting, faucet and other stuff) and a grocery store (kid has to eat plus wine and chocolate). At Home Depot, the Red Cross was handing out cook books to be used during all kinds of storms. Interesting ingredients they want you to keep on hand: Lobster bisque, blueberry pie filling, store bought crepes, Smoked Alaskan salmon, artichoke hearts, sushi vinegar, sriracha, avocado, chopped clams and dried wild mushrooms. But, at least I have a souvenir from Florida.

One daughter called on Mother's Day, just as I was burning a pot pie and having more wine. I keep saying "I don't cook."

The morning of The Race, I walked out to see the front trees covered in TP. That's right, we got TeePeed! Drove to Indy and found the Father's Day gift waiting. My car now has Tires With Tread !!!

How Great !!

No comments: