Wednesday, September 05, 2012

Wednesday Sept. 5, 2012

It seems like yesterday, but it has been 10 years. I know this because I am going to have another one of those "0" birthdays. Didn't much care for the last "0" birthday and I am sure I am not going to like this one either.

I feel I do pretty well with some people "passing on." Although, with Suzanne's passing, I feel I am stuck on a grieving step. Yes, I did try to talk with someone, but we all know that didn't turn out well.

I remember sitting in her dining room at the big table. She was on the end with her coffee, glasses on her nose, and we talked about family history and looked at cemetery pics. Suzanne had noticed at some cemeteries there were tons of flowers, stuffed toys and other things at a certain plot. She said some people have trouble with death.

Yes, sometimes I scream in the car coming home from Indiana. Hope she can hear and wish she could answer. Also, hope she is having a great laugh.

Early on, the days that I would think of Suzanne, I would collect feathers from the yard. (hey, with cats, you always have feathers in the yard). A few weeks ago, Clair found a feather and said it needed to go with my collection. I instructed Clair that I collect feathers in memory of my sister, her Aunt Suzanne. I reminded Clair of her great cousins and Uncle Tom.

Sunday, I wore one of Suzanne's hats. The blue one with the feathers.