Went to a Pre-retirement party down at a bar. We had a good time and glad I drove. At one point, there must have been four beers waiting for The Old Man to drink.Yes, he drank those and more.
There was a gathering of all workers in the breakroom for cake and gifts. I was invited to attend. I can understand The Old Man's point of view. The Plant manager could not say the "Rose" in the college name... he called it Ross. I explained the correct name. Then he got several things completely wrong, and we both corrected him. One of the gals said I stared at him the whole time with a scowl on my face.
Now, our income is very limited, but the dishwasher circuit board was fried, so we did get a new (scratch and dent) dishwasher. Wow.. is it quiet!
We went to Alabama to attend a send off for a young man going to the Navy boot camp. Good time, good food and good friends. The Old Man did work on the Tree house. Figured out they have been working on it for about 4 years. As we left, John asked The Old Man about adding a wrap around porch to his house. I told John that I could pencil him in for February or March. We loaded up the roofing material and had a good drive home in my car.
We used a gift card for dinner and then went to a movie. I asked the gal if we could get a senior discount, and all we had to do was to show our ID. We were celebrating our 34th wedding anniversary.
The Old Man left, in my car, to go put a new roof on the Sunset house in Portage. He said he would be gone for about 5 days. This morning he called and said they were going to have to put down more plywood than first thought. So, will he be gone longer? AND he has MY Car!!!!!
Next project is tile for Daughter #3. After that, Daughter #2 has a concrete project. The people at church have a list going, and it is getting longer ( Cover an access hole in the ceiling, concrete step repair and now some plumbing project). If you have a project, you better get on the list/calendar now!
Since I could not get a hold of the florist in Indiana, I made a birthday call. So wonderful that half way through the call, she asked me who I was.
Mothers Day
12 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment