Some of you understand when I say "The Race." It has been over 30 years since I attended The Race, although I have kept the tradition of watching it on tv.
This year's Race was a very hot, sunny day. Yes, I used sunblock that worked very well.. at least where it sprayed on. I would not suggest asking for Section H, row J seat 5... there is a fence pole in your face. At least there is a huge screen across the track that you can watch. Also... row J is a little low to see the cars go by. And at 220+ it is a little hard to see the cars go by. So, this means you lean forward or backwards to see turn 4 or the straightaway and start of the pits. And if you happen to have nasty middle aged boys next to you... you really have to lean forward. You remember the Nasty Middle Aged Boys... When they were in High School they had their favorite pick up lines.. and are still using them! They WERE cute back in High School.. too drunk and dumb to get through College.... and are still drunk and dumb.
So... there was a show on the track and a show going on in the stands... love to people watch!
Anyway... The Old Man is agreeable to going again next year. Some where in the shade and let us hope with a better class of people! I am hoping for Turn 1... Any suggestions????
Mothers Day
12 years ago
1 comment:
First turn, outside, box E. It's in the shade by the time the race starts. You should talk to Tom about the Brickyard--I made him get tickets again this year even though he was thinking of letting them go. It's the first sun in august, or the last in July! You should go!!
Post a Comment