While we were up in Indiana, I had to make a change of address and have the water turned off for "her" house. Getting out of the car, The Old Man said I should take in a copy of my Power of Attorney" (POA). I said I would leave it in the car and get it if I needed it.
Walked into the US Post Office, talked with the gentleman behind the counter, filled out the form and left. Didn't show ID nor the POA. Went to the City Building, talked with the nice lady (she asked how "she" was doing), filled out the form and left. Again.. didn't show ID nor copy of the POA. Now where else could you go and do things like that???
Today I had to go down to the Social Security office. Found a great, wonderful and understanding gentleman! He helped quickly and said he would make sure things were approved today! Finding wonderful people in the strangest places! (Or places I thought I would have problems!)
The Ghost kitty is making appearances. Well, when the food is only in one place on the main floor, guess we will get to see Ghost Kitty!
Hope your day is a good one!
Mothers Day
12 years ago
1 comment:
It's amazing that people actually trust people these days! But I agree, it's those small towns where "everybody knows your name" that you can avoid all the red tape! Hope the trip continues to be a success!
Post a Comment