Tuesday, November 03, 2009

Been there.. wasn't fun

I was talking to the Teacher Neighbor during trick or treat. I knew she had been off work because of some kind of surgery, but I didn't know until our conversation. Seems she had a tumor on (or around) her pituitary gland. Teacher Neighbor had had it before, about 14 years ago. Back then, she and her hubby had been trying to get pregnant for 7 long years. After research and blood test "numbers" being high or all over the place, someone figured out the gland problem. Seems the tumor came back after all these years (and two kids later). This time her surgery wasn't bad and recovery was so much better. Yeah for technology!

~~For that certain little lady: Just to let you know.. yes, we had 4 kids in 5 years... BUT!!! should have been 5 kids in 5 years... So I DO understand. And what some people say to you.. well... you can just put what they say into that trash can in your brain.

1 comment:

Elaine VanDRiver said...

life is very unfair.
i got a heavy load, a heavy load. lying by the side of the road (my new favorite lyrics)

at least you know how i feel, as shitty as that sounds--but misery loves company.

i'll call you soon, once it has all processed and i'm not a babbling bobble head.