Saturday, August 08, 2009

Life Goes On

Some of you are going on great trips, attending festivals, sight seeing, and having adventures.

Then there is The Old Man and I. During the week, he watches his garden grow and checks the stock market. He really needs that time to unwind after a busy day. I do the Corner Zoo and Day Care, so I am too tired to go out.

On weekends is the time to fix and repair the house and vehicles. Of course the weather is checked and jobs are assigned accordingly. Having all these jobs leaves very little time to go to festivals and have weekend adventures.

Now, we will be scouting in Virginia in October for the family reunion. Now this might sounds like a vacation, but it is really another job. First researching, printing maps (no GPS) and thinking about reserving hotel/motel rooms. Once on the road, seeing the state at 70 mph... well you see a lot of the state, but not really getting a sense of it.

Remember the old saying:"Walk quickly and avoid all people."

No comments: