For many of you, you know I like shoes and shopping for shoes.
Daughter number 3 and I started shopping in a large chain department store. As I meandered through the shoe display, I did notice there were two clerks. Daughter number 3 informed me that one of the clerks had looked me over from head to toe and back again. Apparently the clerk made an inappropriate assumption, because she never approached us.
Note to all clerks working on commission: Approach all potentional customers, whether or not they look like they have a dime in their pocket. There are a lot a customers that do not "dress" to shop. For example, the Old Man that walks into a car dealership, wearing his 1979 flannel shirt and crappy jeans, with a AAA++ line of credit and a wad of cash! !
Mothers Day
12 years ago
2 comments:
I prefer those clerks not talk to me. I think people can figure certain products out for themselves.... shoes aren't rocket science, you know what you want. I think for the more dicerning customers, shoe stores are appropriate, what with all the running around getting different sizes and stuff.
I go both ways. I want clerks to talk to me, at least acknowledge me, but when I say that I don't need any help, I don't like it when they follow me around the store.
Post a Comment