Monday, April 18, 2011

Dinner On Me

I love my "new" little car, although "we" have been getting a Engine Light (idiot light) coming on and the car loses some power. The Old Man worked on it and The Boy came over to help. On Saturday, the two guys worked really hard to change parts and start putting it back together.

As a thank you to The Boy and an excuse to use the rest of a gift card, The Old Man took us out to dinner. The Boy brought his girlfriend and we headed down to the Levee. Lots of people watching as a school was having their prom at the Aquarium next door. Put our appetizer order with a nice waiter which included a Lobster Pot Pie. The Pot pie reminded me of a dish I had in Maine at a little off the beaten path restaurant that I fell in love with (both the dish and the restaurant). I saw our entrees coming and turned in my seat to move the appetizer plate. Just then I felt something warm on my shoulder and lower back. I was most surprised seeing The Old Man's entree on me and the floor.

Now I was surprised, but didn't think it was any big deal. I'm a wash and wear type of gal. And thank goodness no cell phone video going on the web. The Old Man received part of his dinner free and free dessert. It didn't make a huge fuss or ruin anyone's dining pleasure. Just a good story for the blog.

I can't wait to get my Little Car back, as the van is becoming a death trap.

On other news: After so many years of having an Easter Egg hunt for the kids (youngest just told me he is 26) we will not have one for them. Easter Egg Hunt will be for the Next Generation.

No comments: