Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Buying an appliance

Yesterday, Jacob and I went out on a shopping trip. He did very well, although his 20 plus pounds got a little more than heavy at the last store as they didn't have carts and I didn't have a stroller).

I was amazed and upset at the last store. Amazed that the sales guy didn't know about features of the refrigerators on his sales floor. Don't these guys walk the floor before the store opens? When walking into the store, I stated that I was on a scouting trip (in other words I'm not buying, as I really liked one at a different store) I told him I wanted to look at side-by-side, black handles and stainless. So why did he point out bottom mounts and white ones? Also, after opening doors, why did he stand in front of the units so I could NOT see inside?

So when the old man came home, I had up on the screen pictures and info on the one I liked. Dual cooling, lots of interior lights, exterior temperature read outs and a cool defrosting drawer.

Off we went to both stores. At the first store,The Old Man liked the one I liked, but it had gray sides (the only down side). Went to the last store with the pushy sales guys, this time a different sales guy. This guy wasn't better than the one I had earlier in the day. I didn't appreciate his tone when I mentioned something or asked a question and he interrupted me several times.

End of story: Bought the one at the last store (it's okay I guess) and will be delivered on Thursday (only a few more hours of food in coolers).

AND The Old man bought a dishwasher!! (something on his list for years now!!)

1 comment:

Elaine VanDRiver said...

WOOT WOOT! New appliances! Hope you love them! : )