Monday, April 02, 2007

Resigning

This past weekend, I decided to resign from one commitment I had made a couple of years ago. It was a volunteer thing about 70 miles away. I was suppose to drive down for a meeting on Sunday after church and the church luncheon. I stopped to put gas in the car ($2.75 a gallon) and started down the highway. I got to the next exit and just pulled off the highway. The price of gas, wear and tear on the car, the time of travel versus the actual meeting time, not being kept in the loop between meetings, feeling a little pressure to join in the first place= I'd rather get more involved locally. Well, that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good for you. You should stay closer to home where you can devote more time and energy to something instead of stressing and spending a fortune to get someplace. Good luck.