The closer we get to Christmas, the more Holiday sweaters and sweatshirts you see! It has to be a Southern thing, cause I never saw this in any other place I have lived.
Ok, so I worn mine the other day while out shopping. I think it brought me good luck or pitty. I think the clerks look at Holiday shirts and must say " Oh my, NOT another old lady in one of those festive ugly holiday shirts! Let's get her out of here as fast as we can!"
On another Holiday tradition: Christmas tree hunting! First you have to wait til it is snowing. Second, it has to be the coldest day of the year. Third, you have to wait til it is almost Christmas. Remember, we have to get a LIVE tree, and hope that you can get one already dug up and bagged. And if it is ready to to go, make sure it has been watered, as the frozen water makes it so much heavier! Once you get it home, trying to get it in the house is always a pleasure. Don't forget to have a bucket or tray that it can sit in, and block it up so it is straight. Also, don't forget to put bells around the bottom limbs, so that you know when the cat or dog sprays it.
More traditions later! Happy shopping!
Mothers Day
12 years ago
1 comment:
Don't you just love Christmas!! Love, Number "3"!!
Post a Comment