Tuesday, February 08, 2011

In My Bubble

What is it about shopping?? Everyone wants in my space/bubble!!! As I was looking in the meat department, I had my cart blocking the right side, and sure enough.... a lady was in my bubble on the left side. I looked at her and actually said: " Your in my bubble." Her reply was "I'm just looking for some ribs, sometimes they put them here." ((Hello... we are in the chicken area!!!))
I told her:"If you can wait a second, I will be finished." Her answer: " I don't see any ribs." ((As if I cared!!!))

Then there were the two women blocking the coffee /chocolate syrup isle !! What were they thinking! I started to wait, until I figured out they were not going to be moving any time soon and didn't care that other people needed their chocolate ! Not wanting to interrupt, I turned and walked down the next isle and back up the chocolate isle. Sure enough, the two ladies were still blocking the end! Now I had my chocolate, but coming behind me were three screaming kids with their two parents. The parents had no idea why the kids were screaming and didn't really care.

Trying to "Cool my jets" I drove home singing to a favorite song. I noticed the guy behind me didn't like where he was on the road and would really like to be in my spot. He whizzzed around me and sure enough he braked. He did want my spot!

I asked a local young lady about people wanting in my bubble when I shop. Her advise was to "Puff up," look huge! Maybe then they would leave me alone. Perhaps I will dress up like a big peacock the next time I go shopping.

No comments: