Monday, September 12, 2005

Neighborhood Landscape Police

Yes, unfortunately I have received my letter from the neighborhood landscape police.
I will agree, I have not spent my ususal 12 hour, 7 days a week out in the gruelling heat and sun.

Here is one of their complaints, I have a real problem with. I will quote their statement:"The large purple/maroon bush near the utility box is so overgrown that it is taking over your entire side yard." Here is where my life's education comes in handy. This is a Smoke Tree, or cotinus coggygria, it grows to 12 or 15 foot tall with a width the same size. The only time one prunes or trims this bush is to train it to be a tree (starting with a young bush) or if there is damage.
Being tall and wide, the neighborhood children have used this bush as a hiding place. It also makes for great privacy without building a fence, as it blocks my veiw of at least two other homes and they can not see what I am doing in the back yard. Perhaps, this is Their problem, they can't see what I am doing?

So... one neighbors smoke tree is another neighbors tighty-whitey laying on the garage roof.

2 comments:

Audra said...

I guess that means no more running around naked in your backyard. Silly you to think that a privacy bush would be acceptable.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for all the great comments and insights..By the way, are you looking for more information on Kitchen Design Floor Plan ..If so here is a fantastic resource for everything related to flowers and Kitchen Design Floor Plan with information, products, articles and more..Check it out here...http://www.floridakitchendesigns.com